Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Ogden smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete charge of your Ogden home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and check out tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Ogden do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review real-time or saved video streams from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Ogden by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The main screen will display a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then confirm you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Ogden
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, select email or phone and provide the information to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Ogden smart home. Contact (385) 900-2979 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.