Daily home deliveries have become commonplace for many homeowners as a result of the rise of online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages on your doorstep are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a serious issue, but you can protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are great tools to combat package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely come to be an essential part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Ogden video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to individuals on your porch, and receive real-time notifications whenever something arrives.
The simplest way to see how a Ogden video doorbell camera works is to explore the many perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your door and items on the walkway below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Vivid streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will include incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can receive immediate alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person lingering at your front door? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to ask why they’re there. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to deter people loitering around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will help you cut down on false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to see current and archived video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you can access them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even allow you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.