Is it smart to use an indoor camera as a baby monitor in Ogden?
Your new nursery is almost complete for your darling bundle of joy. You spent countless hours building the cradle, painting the walls, and arranging the changing station.You even capped off the space with some stuffed animals on a shelf. But how are you planning to keep an eye on your newborn? You can opt for the standard approach with a regular standalone device or take it to another level and use the surveillance equipment available to you in your modern home security system.
Despite the fact that it might seem a little unusual to use an indoor camera for a baby monitor in Ogden, it makes perfect sense when you recognize the many perks.
Smart home indoor cameras in Ogden are great baby monitors
One of the key things to note is that your indoor cameras are part of a fully integrated system and reachable via a home security app. This provides you versatility and reassurance knowing you are able to check in on your baby from any location via your cell phone or tablet. Here are more reasons why they make sense:
- Real-time high-definition video feed: You’ll appreciate easily visible, high-definition video of your precious one. You may even review recorded clips right from your cell phone.
- Bi-directional audio: You’ll not only hear the sounds from the room, you can actually speak to your loved one right through your indoor camera. This is a helpful tool to calm a troubled sleeper. Even better, you can use the audio feature via your smartphone app, no matter your location.
- Wide-angle views: Your video cameras will have a greater viewing angle than most traditional baby monitors. You’ll see everything.
- Motion-activation with alerts: If your baby decides nap time is finished and wishes to get out of the crib, you can receive motion-triggered updates dispatched directly to your phone.
- One-press call-outs: Although this benefit is generally for older kids, it’s worth a mention. With an easy tap of a button, your child can reach out to you via the app on your smartphone.
Having your complete smart home accessible in the palm of your hand is a fantastic perk. If you find that your baby is having trouble falling to sleep and decide it could be a bit uncomfortable in the room, you can adjust the temperature on your smart thermostat. In the event they arise, you can switch on the nursery’s smart lights to let them know you’re coming soon. Have more than one child? You may integrate another indoor camera and enjoy access to both of them with a lone home security app.
Customize Your Ogden smart home with indoor cameras
Ready to use an indoor camera as a baby monitor? Create your own Ogden smart home and get the assurance and protection Vivint’s high-tech surveillance systems can provide. Call (385) 900-2979 today and explore how we can make your home safer and more convenient for everyone.